Monday, November 14, 2011

Following a Dream....



My older brother, Larry Mayberry, wrote a poem about Santa and then created all the illustrations for the story. He believed in this so much that he self-published the book.

I'm pretty amazed at him for traveling outside his comfort zone to tackle technology and begin building a website, setting up an on-line store, and attend craft fairs to promote it.

Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of my brother for believing in, and then following his dream. I have a dream to start my own art / craft business but can't seem to find the courage to even show my work on this blog.....sad isn't it?

I have a great deal of respect for Larry...because he believed enough in his dream that he ignored the people who didn't support him, accepted the risk and self-published his book, and then to go out and do what it takes to promote it.

If you happen to be at the Treasure Chest Show at the St. Charles Convention Center this weekend please stop by his book and say hi - I know he would love it!

How about you? Do you have a dream that your are pursuing or know and admire someone who is taking a chance on their own dream? If so, I'd love to hear about it and be inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Pin It!